the garden house
A COLLABORATION WITH B.WILLOW
1128 West 37th Street
Baltimore, Maryland — 21211
In the 1840's a large house was constructed on the corner of Falls Road and 37th Street (at the time, 4th Avenue). The farm stretched to Roland Avenue. In 1920, the heir of the property announced his wishes to demolish the home in order to construct a commercial block along Falls Road. His mother gave him the permission- with one stipulation- spare the kitchen.
During the depression the kitchen and dining room became a small cottage. When we began restoring the space in Autumn 2015 we were fortunate to hear neighbors recall fond memories of the little house and garden. They mentioned chickens and even a pig roaming around the property at different points in it's long history.
Our goal with this venue continues our efforts at historical preservation, while at the same time, designing natural environments that reference that history while elevating it.
As we begin our collaboration with B.Willow, we plan to install a floral workshop space that can be used for private and public events, and a private staging room for couples in the little house. The approximately 1/4 acre of land that surrounds it will be used as a small-scale flower farm, as well as English-style gardens, wooded paths, and future plans for a market-stand.
This is mainly an outdoor venue. You can host anything from bridal showers, high tea, to crab feasts, and small picnics. We will also be hosting garden and floral workshops, and hope to collaborate with urban farms in Baltimore City to expand our community outreach and programming.
Capacity & PricinG
Please inquire for more details.