The Old ENOCH PRATT Branch LIBRARY NO. 3
1401 Light Street
Baltimore Maryland — 21230
The brick and stone building at 1401 Light Street is one of four original structures of the Enoch Pratt Free Library System, all designed in a Richardsonian Romanesque style by the noted architect Charles Carson. The library opened on Feb. 27, 1886, and closed on Sept. 1, 1971, when a new library opened at 1251 Light Street. It was sold by the city as surplus property and has been a private residence and a gallery, among other things.
We acquired the library in November of 2016, and it will serve as our third location. Our plans are to furnish the main hall and back offices in a style that reflects the architecture and period of the building, and utilize the immense basement as a wine cellar, billiard room and gallery space.
The space includes a full kitchen within a 2,000 square foot ballroom. It also features a staging area for couples in the library's old reading room that includes a beautiful working fireplace, and access to a small courtyard in the back of the building. The basement, once completed will include two extra bathrooms, bar and lounge areas, as well as artist studios and wine cellars for private tastings.
WEDDINGS & PARTIES
Traditional Seated Ceremony: 160
Standing / Casual Ceremony: 260
Seated Reception / Dinner : 160
Cocktail Style Reception / Dinner: 260